Safe Space and DRC Statement

Safe Space

It is important that we all work together to help foster an environment in which students feel safe asking questions, posing their opinions, and sharing their work for critique. If at any time you feel this environment is being threatened—by anybody, including the professor—speak up and make your concerns heard. If you do not feel comfortable speaking about it in person, you may leave private feedback, anonymously if you wish, on Piazza. If you feel uncomfortable broaching this topic with the professor in any way or for any reason, you should feel free to voice your concerns to the Dean’s office.

DRC Statement

UC Santa Cruz is committed to creating an academic environment that supports its diverse student body. If you are a student with a disability who requires accommodations to achieve equal access in this course, please submit your Accommodation Authorization Letter from the Disability Resource Center (DRC) to me privately during my office hours or by appointment, preferably within the first two weeks of the quarter. At this time, I would also like us to discuss ways we can ensure your full participation in the course. I encourage all students who may benefit from learning more about DRC services to contact DRC by phone at 831-459-2089, or by email at drc@ucsc.edu.